While most students at Southeast Missouri State University were away, the men's basketball program won three consecutive OVC games, en route to a 4-3 record over the winter break.
· The Redhawks defeated OVC foe Jacksonville State 76-67 on December 19. The Redhawks had three players record a double-double. Guard Lucas Nutt had 16 points and assists, forward Leon Powell had 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and forward Cameron Butler scored 12 and hauled in 11 rebounds. Guard Marland Smith led the Redhawks in scoring with 19 points.
· The Redhawks beat Tennesse Tech 77-75 on December 21 in another OVC game. Smith led the Redhawks in scoring with 23 points, including making five three-point field goals. Guard Anthony Allison, Powell and Butler also had a double-digit scoring night, with 19, 13 and 10 points respectively.
· The Redhawks had a three-game winning streak snapped on December 29 against non-conference opponent SMU with a score of 71-59. Smith once again led the Redhawks in scoring with 20 points. Allison was the only other Redhawk to score in double-digits with 15 points.
· Powell exploded for 36 points, leading all scorers on January 3 as the Redhawks defeated UT Martin 82-7 in the first game of a four-game homestand. Nutt added 22 points and led the team in assists with six.
· The Redhawks won their fourth straight OVC game against Eastern Illinois 78-75 on January 8 at the Show Me Center. Every Redhawk starter, Allison, Butler, Nutt, Powell and Smith scored in double-digits, with Powell having a game-high 17 points.
· The Redhawks had their four-game OVC winning streak end on January 13 against Morehead State, losing 76-63. Powell led all scorers with 20 points, and he also tied Butler for the game-high in rebounds with eight apiece.
· On the final game during winter break, the Redhawks fell to Eastern Illinois 64-52. Allison was the Redhawks' leading scorer with 12 points. Butler recorded a double-double with 10 points and a game-high 10 rebounds.
Southeast sits in sixth place in the OVC with a 4-4 record and 5-13 overall record.There are 12 games remaining in the regular season, of which,only four will be at home in the Show Me Center. On Thursday, Southeast hits the road for two games, starting with UT Martin that night, then Murray State on Saturday night. The Redhawks will return home the following week, taking on Jacksonville State on January 27, and Tennessee Tech on the 29.