- Pregnant at 15, Master’s Degree and business owner at 30 (4/19/21)
- The semester with no break: reactions to the spring 2021 semester. (5/11/21)
- Student Melody Holt shares experience at Southeast. (5/11/21)
- Pennington continues to impact Southeast community (5/6/21)
- Redhawk Football Freshman Shamenski Rucker receives scholarship (5/12/21)
Shoeboxes of Caring Sponsored by First Community Bank
As the holiday season inches closer, so does the beginning of the Southeast Arrow’s service project “Shoeboxes of Caring.” For the second year the Southeast Arrow and First State Community Bank have teamed up to bring cheer and smiles to foster children in Southeast Missouri.
The goal of the service project is to collect gifts that can be delivered to foster children. Last year “Shoeboxes of Caring” collected items that filled 250 shoeboxes.
Previous Arrow marketing manager Sydney Rodgers said the distribution of boxes on the Southeast main campus and regional campuses, the First State Community Bank locations and the additional help from a local church helped reach the goal.
“In total, we filled close to 250 shoeboxes and also had additional toys to give away,” Rodgers said.
Boxes will be located at both the Poplar Bluff and Sikeston regional campuses, and at locations around campus, including Kent Library, the University Center, Tower Lobby, North Rec and River Campus. Donated items must be able to fit inside a large shoebox and will be accepted until Friday, Nov. 30.