- International students share their experiences with working on campus (5/9/22)
- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- Stranger in a strange land: smaller populations of international students find community at SEMO (5/9/22)
- Effects of Number 5: “How Albert Pujols’ homecoming has inspired on one of SEMO’s biggest sluggers” (5/10/22)
- Department of Criminal Justice, Social Work and Sociology: Preparing students for real-life work in the field (5/9/22)
Student Life, Leadership award nominations extended
Students, faculty and staff now have until Friday, April 3 to nominate and recognize individuals for Student Life and Leadership awards.
Despite moving to online learning, the University will still recognize nominees for awards through three categories: Student Life and Leadership, Student Academic Awards and Provost Awards for Teaching Excellence categories. Within these categories are a variety of subcategories,such as.
According to a report by Southeast’s news wire, “the awards celebrate students, faculty, staff and student organizations whose efforts have contributed to a spirit of community on campus and beyond.”
Tiffany Comfort, coordinator for leadership and involvement says she will notify nominees for the President’s Spirit of Southeast Award by April 4. All other nominees will not be notified unless they have won an award.
Award winners and their nominators will be notified Friday, April 17, and will be publicly announced by the University the week of May 4.