- International students share their experiences with working on campus (5/9/22)
- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- Stranger in a strange land: smaller populations of international students find community at SEMO (5/9/22)
- Effects of Number 5: “How Albert Pujols’ homecoming has inspired on one of SEMO’s biggest sluggers” (5/10/22)
- Department of Criminal Justice, Social Work and Sociology: Preparing students for real-life work in the field (5/9/22)
New scoreboard for Houck Field complete
The ‘Southeast Missouri State University Redhawks’ Facebook page announced Tuesday morning the completion of the new and improved digital video board, or scoreboard, at Houck Stadium.
The completion of the Houck Field scoreboard, which has a screen size of 33 feet and 6.75 inches by 52 feet and 6 inches, has come only months after a new scoreboard was installed for Redhawks softball in February.
Southeast Director of Athletics Brady Barke said it was essential to get a new scoreboard, as the old board had a lot of wear and tear.
“It became very difficult to perform even routine maintenance on the board,” Barke said.
Southeast Vice President for Finance and Administration told the Arrow in March the Houck Field scoreboard cost about $710,000.
Unlike the previous scoreboard, fans can expect a fully digital and larger screen size to enjoy Redhawk sports.
With hopes the nation soon recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic, the facebook post read, “See you Sept. 3 for the Redhawks opener vs. Dayton!”