- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- International students share their experiences with working on campus (5/9/22)
- Effects of Number 5: “How Albert Pujols’ homecoming has inspired on one of SEMO’s biggest sluggers” (5/10/22)
- Stranger in a strange land: smaller populations of international students find community at SEMO (5/9/22)
- Department of Criminal Justice, Social Work and Sociology: Preparing students for real-life work in the field (5/9/22)
Graduation regalia company retracts free shipping option
Graduating seniors received an email Tuesday morning from CB Graduation Announcements announcing all orders of regalia must ship to their home address or be canceled.
The company typically offers students the ability to ship their regalia to campus without a shipping charge, but due to the campus closure to minimize the spread of COVID-19, that is no longer an option.
University officials spoke with the regalia vendor today and will be sharing guidance for students tomorrow, according to Director of University Communication Ann Hayes.
There is a $15.95 shipping charge for delivery to one’s home address, according to the regalia vendor.
“There was a miscommunication regarding shipping charges for home delivery of your cap, gown and tassel,” Oak Hall representative Chris Barr stated in the email.
Students who have canceled their orders have received refunds from the company for their purchases upon request, according to senior Morgan Muzzey.
“I ordered the cap and gown, so I was just going to be concerned if they weren't giving refunds [for canceled orders],” Muzzey said.
Students may contact the CB Graduation Announcements office at (800) 433-0296 with their payment information if they choose to proceed with their purchase. The shipping date for the product is scheduled for April 24.