- International students share their experiences with working on campus (5/9/22)
- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- Stranger in a strange land: smaller populations of international students find community at SEMO (5/9/22)
- Effects of Number 5: “How Albert Pujols’ homecoming has inspired on one of SEMO’s biggest sluggers” (5/10/22)
- Department of Criminal Justice, Social Work and Sociology: Preparing students for real-life work in the field (5/9/22)
Ready Your Resume event offers advice on April 23
Those who look to perfect their resumes as summer break approaches have the opportunity to learn from Southeast’s Director of Career Services Dan Presson.
Presson will host the Ready Your Resume event at 6 p.m. Thursday in collaboration with Cape Girardeau’s Public Library via Zoom.
The event will discuss proper resume techniques and offer the opportunity to ask questions about how to make your experiences stand out, according to Presson.
“The library came to me with the idea and we decided to run with it,” Presson said. “Hopefully we can get some takers, and we can give out some good resume advice.”
The event hopes to offer something that will benefit the community in addition to benefiting students.
“The Cape public library and Career Services wanted to get together and do something that would benefit the community in addition to benefiting students,” Presson said.
Those who register must provide an email address in order to receive the link needed to join the event.
He said Southeast’s campus hosts many resume events, but it will be a new event for the library.
Presson said registration will remain open until just before 6 p.m., when the event is scheduled to begin.