- Le Lounge opening in downtown Cape, to include live music and bar (4/25/22)
- Board of Governors moves to approve curriculum changes; discusses Houck stadium design and Honors House relocation (5/13/22)
- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- The Re-Download: Behind the vicious cycle of deleting and redownloading dating apps (5/4/22)
- Underage users on Grindr: The importance of community for LGBTQ+ youth (5/4/22)
SGA passes multiple funding petitions for upcoming events
Student Government Association (SGA) passed new funding requests for two upcoming events at their meeting Monday, March 9.
The Show Me Center will host the USA Gymnastics Women's Collegiate National Championships April 10-11. Student Activities Committee will buy 100 tickets to be distributed for student attendance. The total request for this event was $1,000 to cover these ticket costs.
“It's a good opportunity for students to go out and support the athletes,” SGA President Logan Phillips said.
Psi Chi and Southeast’s Psychology Club attend NPA’s research conference every year, held for students to present research projects within the psychology field. This year, eight students will be participating in the conference, and Psi Chi requested the amount of $200 toward registration fees.
“It's a really great opportunity for collaboration to share what we're doing at SEMO,” SGA member Justin Tuschhoff said. “It always has great reviews. I hear students that come back and talk about how they learned so much about their field and what they are into.”
The SGA members unanimously voted in favor of providing funding for both of these events.