- Experience provides edge for Connor Basler (4/6/21)
- Southeast athlete arrested on charges of alleged rape (4/7/21)
- After nearly 50 years, Geraldine Harris achieves dream of bachelorís degree (4/6/21)
- Southeast alums work to keep local businesses afloat (4/5/21)
- CFSA collects pajamas for the Safe House for Women (4/2/21)
Vaccine eligibility opens for all residents starting April 9
All Missouri residents are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning April 9, according to a press release on the Office of the Governorís website.
The March 18 press release from Gov. Mike Parson stated Phase 2 of the stateís vaccination plan will be activated on March 29, and Phase 3 on April 9. Phase 2 includes careers accelerating economic recovery, disproportionately-affected individuals and homeless populations, while Phase 3 includes all residents.
As of March 22, the Missouri COVID-19 dashboard reports 19,127 individuals in Cape Girardeau County as receiving at least one shot, or 24% of the population. This compares to 22% in the state of Missouri and 25% nationwide, according to the CDC.