- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- Board of Governors moves to approve curriculum changes; discusses Houck stadium design and Honors House relocation (5/13/22)
- Le Lounge opening in downtown Cape, to include live music and bar (4/25/22)
- Department of Criminal Justice, Social Work and Sociology: Preparing students for real-life work in the field (5/9/22)
- International students share their experiences with working on campus (5/9/22)
Gymnastics win Collegiate National Championship
The Southeast gymnastics team won the 2021 USA Gymnastics Women's Collegiate National Championship with a team score of 195.025 at the Show Me Center in Cape Girardeau. This marked the first time the Redhawks participated as a team in the National Championships.
Southeast was trailing Lindenwood university entering the beam, which was the final rotation. Junior all-around gymnast Anna Kaziska posted a career best of 9.925 on the beam which was also good enough for second all-time at Southeast.
Southeast coach Ashley Lawson was awarded the Ken Anderson USAG Coach of the Year for the second straight season and assistant coach Andavea Alexander was named USAG Assistant Coach of the Year.
The individual championships will take place on April 11 beginning at 1 p.m. at the Show Me Center.
The Arrow will have further coverage and interviews later in the week.