University announces temporary mask mandate
In an email sent to students the morning of Aug. 16, Southeast President Carlos Vargas announced a temporary indoor mask mandate beginning Aug. 17.
Vargas said the mandate would be re-evaluated by Sept. 16; exceptions to the mandate include in residence hall rooms and floors, while eating and drinking, and while exercising at campus recreation facilities.
Vargas also noted social distancing limitations will return to pre-pandemic guidelines and will no longer be in place in classrooms and other facilities.
For more information or to read the full Protect the Nest guidelines, click here.
- Houck Field: A history (9/13/21)
- Southeast’s ESPN staff learns to adapt with changes to Houck Stadium (9/10/21)
- Anthropology Department to reopen historic Mississippian digsite in Cape Girardeau County (9/14/21)
- Zoey Beasley’s kills give SEMO early success (9/14/21)
- Southeast art faculty and students collaborate on Shipyard Music Festival project (9/13/21)