- Houck Field: A history (9/13/21)
- Southeast’s ESPN staff learns to adapt with changes to Houck Stadium (9/10/21)
- Anthropology Department to reopen historic Mississippian digsite in Cape Girardeau County (9/14/21)
- Zoey Beasley’s kills give SEMO early success (9/14/21)
- Southeast art faculty and students collaborate on Shipyard Music Festival project (9/13/21)
American Red Cross experiencing blood shortage
The American Red Cross is at a critical need for blood donors, specifically donors with O positive and O negative blood types. Supplies of both types are currently at a half a day supply.
According to the American Red Cross, “Less than three percent of the population donate blood. We collect twenty percent of our blood from our high schools and colleges...we still have a critical need for all types of blood.”
The American Red Cross will host blood drives on August 30 and 31 at the Towers Lobby, 100 Circle Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Presenting donors will receive free items such as a twenty five dollar Amazon gift card or a pair of American Red Cross sunglasses. Donors will also be entered into a drawing to win one of five prizes including a Macbook Pro, Airpod Pro’s and a $200 Apple Gift Card.
Students are encouraged to attend the blood drive and help the American Red Cross increase their blood supplies to help others who need it.
For more information on the American Red Cross and upcoming blood drive locations visit their website.