- Arrow-scopes Dec. 1 - 7 (12/1/21)
- Cool Math Games — the gateway to slacking off in class! (11/10/21)
- Drag queens and beauty schemes: SEMO’s 2021 Drag Show (11/29/21)
- Schools face a “Great Resignation” with educators leaving classrooms (11/16/21)
- The Squishmallow “recession:” Rise of the stuffed creatures (11/16/21)
Small earthquake shakes the Southeast Missouri area
On Nov. 17 around 8:53 p.m. a 4.0 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Poplar Bluff, Mo area. The quake was felt in the surrounding areas including in Cape Girardeau.
The earthquake was reviewed by a seismologist and after calculations the original measurement increased from 3.1 to 4.0 in magnitude.
According to earthquaketrack.com, Missouri has had two earthquakes in the past 24 hours, four earthquakes in the past 7 days, 22 earthquakes in the past 30 days and 229 in the last 365 days. Power outages were also reported.