- Athletes make choices as they enter and leave college (11/15/23)
- Bryce Norman: From the Real Life ‘Friday Night Lights’ to Saturdays at SEMO (11/14/23)
- Maneuvering the fifth year: Five lessons I’ve learned from an extra year of college (11/15/23)
- A FNAF review, animatronics coming at you (11/21/23)
- The sky could be the limit for SEMO outside hitter Lucy Ardnt (12/2/23)
Funding for Homecoming at Sept. 18 SGA
A correction has been made to the article regarding a committee.
The Student Government Association received a funding request for the upcoming homecoming. The SGA executive committee requested $1,500 for t-shirts that will be given away to students for free at the event.
Representative Morgan Goad said while the organization is working with the university to get the shirts ready, a communication issue between the two has caused a delay in the official design for the shirts.
“Long story short, there was a lack of communication,” Goad said. “The university thought they were going to do the whole campaign, the homecoming committee also thought they were. So right now, there are two designs from the university and two designs from the homecoming committee.”
Another issue came from the request itself, as the university would be the one to receive the funding and not the committee. Representative Jonah McQuire said while giving funding to the university isn’t uncommon, until the communication issue is fixed, a vote should wait.
“I’m not necessarily opposed to giving the university money, like we did for the 150th birthday,” McQuire said. “I would feel more comfortable voting on this when the confusion is done and we know exactly what is going on.”
The vote to table the resolution passed and will be reviewed at the next week's meeting.
For more information about the Student Government Association, visit their website.