SEMO fumbles victory to Eastern Kentucky 38-41 on last second field goal
SEMO football was defeated by the Eastern Kentucky Colonels 38-41 on Sept. 23. The game was tied with 24 seconds left, but junior quarterback Paxton DeLaurent lost a fumble inside SEMO’s 30-yard line, leading to an Eastern Kentucky game winning field goal.
Top performers of offense for the Redhawks were junior quarterback Paxton DeLaruent completed 31-43 passes for 358 passing yards and three touchdowns and senior wide receiver Damoriea Vick finished with 11 receptions for 135 yards and two touchdowns.
On defense junior inside linebacker Bryce Norman tallied 11 tackles and one tackle for loss.
The loss puts SEMO at 1-3 on the season, and 1-1 in Big South/Ohio Valley Conference (OVC) play. The Redhawks will be back in action when they travel to face Central Arkansas at 4 p.m. on October 7.
- Athletes make choices as they enter and leave college (11/15/23)
- Bryce Norman: From the Real Life ‘Friday Night Lights’ to Saturdays at SEMO (11/14/23)
- Maneuvering the fifth year: Five lessons I’ve learned from an extra year of college (11/15/23)
- A FNAF review, animatronics coming at you (11/21/23)
- The sky could be the limit for SEMO outside hitter Lucy Ardnt (12/2/23)