- Local Caribbean restaurant My Marie focuses fundraising on Haiti (9/16/21)
- SEMO District Fair comes to town, bringing the best fair food (9/21/21)
- Let’s chat Met Gala theme (9/17/21)
- SEMO’s International Village hosts “High Tea at the IV” every Friday for students, faculty, guests (9/15/21)
- Dan Mckinney: “The Pitching Kingmaker” (9/16/21)
Survey leads to library extending hours
Kent Library recently surveyed students online to determine what days they preferred to stay open later leading up to finals week.
Using the results of the survey it was decided to extend the normal closing hours from midnight to 3:00 a.m. beginning Wednesday, Dec. 5 through Monday, Dec. 10. The library will operate at its regular hours on Friday and Saturday.
“We’re hoping that [the time extension] is a positive change for the students studying for finals and finishing up projects and papers,” Kent Library access services coordinator Leah McAlister said.
The survey was conducted from Oct. 16 through Oct. 30 and the results were posted online through the Kent Library Facebook page on Nov. 5.
There were eight days for the students to choose from and the four days with the most responses got the extended hours.
Staff will be on hand to assist as usual, but the Greene multimedia center hours will not be extended.
“As for the library faculty, they have been very supportive of this change,” McAlister said.
This is the first year the library will be open late beyond the week of finals. In past years the library has only been open late Sunday through Wednesday of finals week.