- Pennington continues to impact Southeast community (5/6/21)
- Phi Delta Theta and Tri Delta win Fraternity and Sorority of the Year (5/6/21)
- “Humble beginnings:” Southeast professor reflects on 40 years as a Black nurse in Cape Girardeau (5/4/21)
- SEMO’s Outdoor Opportunity Maker: Thomas Holman (4/22/21)
- SEMO musical theater student Josslyn Shaw and her NYC post-graduation plans (5/7/21)
What's Up SEMO goes live
What’s up SEMO? It’s Lily Slifer from the Arrow! Reporting to you in print this time around, and I’m sure most people can relate — going out of your comfort zone can be difficult at times.
If anyone told me last semester that I would be broadcasting live as “Lily from What’s Up SEMO,” I would have been shocked because I never thought I would have the opportunity to do something this cool.
While interviewing multiple different people at our What’s Up SEMO Live event on Thursday, I not only got to push my boundaries, but I also got to hear a variety of unique perspectives from both students and faculty. This was a fun opportunity for the Arrow staff to spread the word about the amazing things being produced, AND for students to share their personal opinions and ideas with all of Southeast.
Though I needed about 10 gallons of water (exaggeration) after we were finished going live, I was so excited to have received so many hilarious responses. From singing “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce to discussing the amount of parking complaints on Living at Southeast, this event was an absolute success! If you missed last week’s What’s Up SEMO Live, keep an eye out for the fun, upcoming events hosted by the Arrow.