- Southeast professorís cat rises to internet fame (9/23/21)
- The cult following of tote bags (9/24/21)
- Slow Food Southeast Missouriís cause for homegrown food and self-made community (9/24/21)
- SEMO District Fair comes to town, bringing the best fair food (9/21/21)
- Shipyard Music Festival brings live music, food and entertainment to SEMO community (9/22/21)
Redhawks basketball well represented in upcoming tournaments
Both the menís and womenís basketball teams qualified for the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament on March 3 at the Ford Center in Evansville, Ind.
The womenís team locked up the third seed in the OVC by defeating SIUE 63-52 on Feb. 27 in Edwardsville, Ill.
Southeast will look to win back-to-back tournament tiles and get back to the NCAA Tournament, where they were supposed to be a season ago before the NCAA cancelled the tournament due to the pandemic.
The number three Redhawks begin their title defense on March 4 when they take on the sixth seeded Murray State Racers at 3:30 p.m. in the first round of the tournament.
The Redhawks went 1-1 against the Racers this season with both teams winning on their home court.
The semi-finals are set for March 5 and the championship round is set for March 6.
The menís team will enter the tournament as the seven seed and will take on second seed Morehead State on March 3 at 9:30 p.m.
Southeast went 0-2 against the Eagles, losing by 11 and 14 in the two matchups this season.
The Redhawks are making their first appearance in the OVC Tournament since 2017.