- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- Effects of Number 5: “How Albert Pujols’ homecoming has inspired on one of SEMO’s biggest sluggers” (5/10/22)
- Department of Criminal Justice, Social Work and Sociology: Preparing students for real-life work in the field (5/9/22)
- Board of Governors moves to approve curriculum changes, Honors House changes; discusses Houck stadium design (5/13/22)
- Le Lounge opening in downtown Cape, to include live music and bar (4/25/22)
SEMO improv group takes the stage with December performance
As Christmas break draws near, SEMO improv group Dramatically Incorrect Comedy Club hosted a show at the River Campus.
The show was held in one of the directing studios Dec. 7 at 10 p.m. This was the first show the group performed in front of an audience this year, as they mainly produced online content last year due to COVID-19. Attendees were asked to wear pajamas for a cozy, comfortable holiday event. Everyone was welcome to enjoy hot cocoa, Christmas cookies and improv.
A total of nine improvised skits were performed by the seven-member group, taking suggestions from the audience as well as starting skits with a few members and eventually adding the entire group into the mix. The skits included a date with tyrannical royalty, a group of friends struggling to be on time for a sacrifice and a couple celebrating Christmas together “despite the restraining order.”
4th year BFA acting major Abram Cutshall has been with the group since his freshman year. Since joining, he has seen members come and go, but what he appreciates is the friendships the group forms.
“We see each other at practices twice a week, and even though it’s a practice, we always have a lot of fun being around each other,” Cutshall said. “And usually on Sundays, we all meet up as a group, but we go out and have fun as friends instead of practicing. That is what really brings us all together, and it means a lot to all of us to have a good friendship inside of our group as well as outside of it.”
Dramatically Incorrect Comedy Club plans to have shows once a month throughout the spring semester. The show's dates and times will be announced at a later date. To stay up-to-date with these shows, follow their Instagram, @dramaticallyincorrectsemo.