- Geno Hess: Redhawks’ record-breaking running back (9/26/23)
- SEMO fumbles victory to Eastern Kentucky 38-41 on last second field goal (9/25/23)
- SEMO closes LGBTQ+ resource center (9/19/23)
- Making the most of fall at SEMO (9/26/23)
- National Brave Day: “A time to pick up the spirits of women around you” (9/22/23)
Cape Girardeau Police respond to shots fired on South Ellis Street
At approximately 11 p.m. on Thursday, March 23, shots were fired on the 1100 block of South Ellis Street.
The Cape Girardeau Police Department responded to the shooting and located the firearm used.
There is a suspect in custody identified as Antwan Petty. According to a statement from Cape Girardeau Police, an investigation took place which connected Petty to the crime.
Petty was given a $25,000 cash bond for a Class E Felony of Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
It is encouraged that any crimes in the neighborhood are reported to the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
For more information on the case, visit Cape Girardeau Police Department’s Facebook page.