- Geno Hess: Redhawks’ record-breaking running back (9/26/23)
- SEMO fumbles victory to Eastern Kentucky 38-41 on last second field goal (9/25/23)
- SEMO closes LGBTQ+ resource center (9/19/23)
- Making the most of fall at SEMO (9/26/23)
- National Brave Day: “A time to pick up the spirits of women around you” (9/22/23)
Bollinger County tornado kills at least 5, more people injured
A tornado ran through the Glenallen area of Bollinger County, Missouri damaging homes and causing at least 5 deaths on Wednesday, April 5.
Bollinger County Sheriff Casey A. Graham stated on Facebook five deaths were caused by the tornado in the area.
“I can confirm five fatalities; names will be withheld until we are sure all family members have been notified. Again search and rescue continues,” Graham stated.
Graham stated updates on the current situation will be provided when available.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol also stated “Injuries and fatalities are confirmed.”
The National Weather Service of Paducah, Kentucky survey team stated at the time of the tornado, the winds peaked at 130 mph.
“The Survey Team has found what looks like high-end EF2 tornado damage in the Glenallen area of Bollinger County, MO,” the National Weather Service of Paducah, Kentucky stated.