- The controversy of Colleen Hoover (2/1/23)
- Taylor Fox making a name for herself on and off the track (3/20/23)
- Phillip Russell to leave SEMO, enter the transfer portal (3/20/23)
- ChatGPT challenges university perspectives on AI technology (3/23/23)
- Campus-wide birthday party held in celebration 150 years of SEMO (3/22/23)
SGA approves funding of $3,095.69 for student organizations
The Student Government Association (SGA) passed two funding resolutions and hosted two guest speakers during their weekly meeting on Monday, Mar. 6.
SGA passed two requests for funds. Psi Chi was approved for the funding of $935.69, and Collegiate DECA of SEMO was approved for their request of $2,160.00.
Vice president of enrollment management Debbie Below and vice president of finance and administration Brad Sheriff gave an overview of their positions within the university. At the end of this discussion, a Q&A opened up to the senate.
“The number one reason anybody chooses this school is word of mouth. So you need to share if you’re having a good experience here,” Below said during a discussion about how students can use their voice.
SEMO President Carlos Vargas made a surprise appearance and gave a brief statement about his satisfaction of the expansion of the discussion.
“You can do a lot to help the institution if you learn about the institution, helping us make the institution better for you,” Vargas said.