- Le Lounge opening in downtown Cape, to include live music and bar (4/25/22)
- Board of Governors moves to approve curriculum changes; discusses Houck stadium design and Honors House relocation (5/13/22)
- Street photographer Ryan LaRose beautifies downtown Cape Girardeau one TikTok at a time (4/25/22)
- The Hard Reality of Competitive Cheer (5/9/22)
- The Re-Download: Behind the vicious cycle of deleting and redownloading dating apps (5/4/22)
Small earthquake shakes the Southeast Missouri area
On Nov. 17 around 8:53 p.m. a 4.0 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Poplar Bluff, Mo area. The quake was felt in the surrounding areas including in Cape Girardeau.
The earthquake was reviewed by a seismologist and after calculations the original measurement increased from 3.1 to 4.0 in magnitude.
According to earthquaketrack.com, Missouri has had two earthquakes in the past 24 hours, four earthquakes in the past 7 days, 22 earthquakes in the past 30 days and 229 in the last 365 days. Power outages were also reported.